January Detox Part 3: Detox Your Living
On Sunday 19th January, we begun our January Detox series.. You can listen to the talk by clicking here.
Once you have listened, here are some questions to consider:
1. Do you agree that the self-centred part of human nature is an underlying cause of today’s environmental issues? If yes, why do you think that? If no, then why do you think that?
2. Do you think that followers of Jesus should be concerned with environmental issues? If yes, why and if no, why?
3. Psalm 24:1 says “The earth is the Lord’s and everything in it, the world and all who live in it.” What does that mean to you (specifically) and what difference, if any, does it make to the way that you live?
4. Are you aware of any specific ways that people in very poor countries are suffering from climate change right now? Can you name them? If you don’t know, but you do care, how could you get more information?
5. Do you automatically think about the environment, or the impact on the poorest countries and their people, whenever you purchase anything?
6. What are you going to do differently to detox the way that you live?