Songs of Faith: Part 3 – All the Days
This Sunday, Simon Lace brings us the talk in the latest of our EBC services. We encourage you to reflect on the bible text and join us in the prayer that follows below.
The talk will be available via live stream at 9.30am on Sunday 15th May, on our YouTube channel.
Once you have listened, here are some questions to consider:
Psalm 23 (King James Version)
1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul:
he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
Prayer & Reflection
Loving God, help us to follow You and to trust You. Forgive us when we stray like lost sheep from the paths of righteousness and lead us gently back to your will dear Lord. Thank you for the place You have for us and that we can trust You to always be with us, even in heaven, forever. Thank you for your grace and love and mercy O God. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Questions to Consider
1) What are some the things that draw you or distract you from following the ‘paths of righteousness’?
2) Has there been a time when you have felt lost, or that an enemy was against you? Reflect on what happened and what your thoughts were towards God at those times.
3) Where have goodness and mercy been evident in your life?
4) When you encounter people, do you expect goodness and mercy to be in play? What are the reasons behind your answer?
5) Are you currently reading through the psalms? Are you praying in the way that the psalmists did? If not… why not?